Thursday, August 19, 2010

The coolest thing since sliced bread...

I have realized that I can bake bread! It is in a bread maker, though. All I had to do was put the ingredients in the baking pan and turn it on to the settings I need it and it mixes, kneads, and bakes the bread for me. I love it! I baked my first loaf of basic white bread yesterday. It turned out soo well. I'm so proud of myself!

I have also been knitting like a crazy woman. The women's expo is three weeks or so away, but I want to definitely have everything done before hand so I'm not freaking out about all that I have to do last minute. I have several scarfs and almost four baby blankets (I'm almost done with the fourth). I have to finish the blanket I'm working on, complete another blanket, and I have two more, possibly three, scarfs left to do. I am worried that I may not have enough stuff, but it does take up so much time to do the blankets and I think that those are what will sell better. The scarfs don't take long at all to do; I have a scarf for a man and a women, and a boy and a girl each. I'm not really focused on selling the scarfs, but they are easy to make. So I'm scrambling to finish all this before my school work load gets to bogged down and I have no time to do anything.

I started class today for the fall semester. Theology class this morning went well, just an intro to the course. He sent an email out this evening that the class room has been moved so now I have to hunt down the new room. History of the Ideas, on the other hand, was interesting. He emailed us a link for a personality test to do before class and to print and bring in the results to discuss in class. He also brought us coffee, which was AWESOME! He said he roasted it earlier this week and it was delicious, for it just having sweetner in it and not creamer. I like my coffee wayyy blonde!! Overall, I'm excited about this semester. Tuesday is my first day in spanish class, but that shouldn't be too overwhelming. There is just a butt load of reading to do this semester, which I'm not so stoked about. Although I know that this semester will be great and I will love it. I really need to cherish and enjoy the time that I have here on campus. Yay for the new semester!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment